Annotations & Trivia:
- The Starfleet Command logo first appeared in "Shadows of
P'Jem" on a flag outside of Starfleet Headquarters. It was first used on
a patch in "First Flight". In the 2160s, all Starfleet personnel wore the
Starfleec Command patch on the right upper arm as seen in "These Are the
Voyages...". The Latin motto translates as "To the stars through
hardships". Patch design and motto pay homage to the insignia/motto of NASA.
- The patch of Starfleet's Security Division appeared in the
- The patch of the Starship Enterprise first appeared in the
pilot "Broken Bow".
- The patch of the Starship Columbia first appeared in the
episode "Home". The ship's motto is Latin for "Fortune favours the bold".
- The patch of Tycho Base appared in the episode "First
Flight". It was seen on a wall in the 602 Club.
- The patch of Coldstation 12 appeared in the episode
- The patch of the United Earth Diplomatic Corps appered in
the episode "The Forge".
- The patch of the Starship Intrepid appeared in the episode
"The Expanse". It was created by Mike Okuda and pays homage to the patch of
the United States Navy Essex-class carrier USS Intrepid CVS-11. The ship's
motto is Latin for "In the Sea In Heaven".
- The patch of the Mission Control Center appeared in the
episode "Silent Enemy" where it was worn by a friend of Lt. Malcolm Reed. Mike
Okuda originally created this logo for the Mission Control Center of NASA's
Johnson Space Center, Houston.
- The NX Project and Starfleet Mission Control patches
appeared in the episode "First Flight" and were worn on the pressure suits.
The Latin motto on the Mission Control patch translates as "Achievement
- The patch of the ECS Fortunate appeared in the episode "Fortunate Son"
where it was worn on the right upper arms of the crew jackets.
- The patch of the ECS Horizon appeared in the episode "Horizon". Like the
Fortunate patch it was worn on the crew jackets.